AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Insurance Co Settlements

Long Island/New York

Default Insurance Co Settlements

AAPC: Back to School
    We have a pediatric surgeon who is out-of-network with a few ins co's. He did a 13-level fusion (22804) for an ins co. Our billed charges was a little over $50,000. The ins co offered $34,000 - which I thought was good.

My question is what is the best way, if any, to calculate an offer of a surgery from an OON (or even sometimes In-Network) ins co? Would a minimum % of billed charges be a good idea? Curious if anyone has a policy on this type of scenario. Thanks.

I do ASC billing for spine cases. We accept reductions on a case by case. I will accept 10% reduction if the deductible has been met and if benefits are at least 70/30 or above. If the OOP has been met we accept 15% reduction. We always ask for the actual check amount which is definately something they can obtain for you. Hope this helps.

Long Island/New York

Thank you..

Similar Threads

1. When to bill Vision insurance v. Medical insurance
    By SarahCaldwell in forum Ophthalmology/Optometry
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2015, 09:17 AM
  2. E/O insurance
    By dragonflye in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 03:20 PM
  3. Insurance Only