Placement reported with unlisted code 32999...unfortunately at this time no CPT describes placement of interstitial devices outside the prostate. CT guidance reported with 77012. There is a C code for the hospital OP setting C9728 for areas other than prostate (any approach), and supply code for the markers. It's not appropriate to report the fiducial markers with a CPT 77xxx Radiation Oncology code, even though there are codes in that section that describe devices in conjunction with radiation therapy procedures.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join