Pain in joints is specified by location. For example knee, elbow or spine (cervical, thoracic, thoracolumbar, lumbar, lumbosacral or sacral).
If intervertebral discs are involved physicians describe the location by indicating the vertebra by L4/L5 if disc between 4th and 5th lumbar vertebrae are involved or L5/S1 if disc between 5th lumbar and 1st sacral vertebrae are affected.
Pain due to neuropathy (Nerves) can be described by specific nerves or by the nerve root which innervates a particular area. L2,L3,L4 indicates that there is lesion in the L2,L3,L4 nerve roots causing pain.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join