There are a couple of interpertations of this one. Since these services are provided within three days of the admit they are usually bundled into the inpatient DRG for Medicare. This is a Medicare rule so not every payer must follow it, although most do. There has been an approach for a year or two that if the Ed vist and admit are unrelated based on diagnosis, these outpatient services can be billed separately. However per the same legislation that increased physician fees, Medicare won't pay for these services separately if the patient is admitted.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join