77055 is a unilateral diagnostic mammogram. I would say it depends on the history, why are you only doing unilateral? Does the patient have a hsitory of cancer, pain, lumps, etc. Usually the screening (77057) is used only if the patient has no history, it would be only a "check-up/screening" or if the patient has had issues e.g. cancer and it has been decided by the ordering doctor and patient that the patient is cleared and can go back to having screening mammograms. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join