I can't offer any help with the coding, but maybe she doesn't realize the codes in the CPT book. May be as simple as asking her for help, and hopefully she is approachable. Just explain how specific the codes are in the book about what exactly was sutured and if she could help you narrow down the right codes. You know most surgeons love to be asked questions and show off their incredible brain power
on the "exploration" however...(p#2) I think you'll end up coding any actual repair she's done, and the "exploration" will be built in.
35761 specifies NO surgical repair is done to the vessel itself. (like looking for an "injured" vesssel and finding it is being compressed by scar tissue, so you work on the tissue and not the vessel itself)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join