You are correct. You would bill the total anesthesia time with the highest level procedure done. In this case I would use the anesthesia code for the radius fracture.
Both of the procedures have an RVG of 3 base units, however the anesthesia code used for the radius fracture(01820/01830 depending on if it was a closed or open procedure) will be more complex then the anesthesia code(00400) for the skin graft.
Hope that helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join