AAPC - Back to school

Thread: new member ?

Default new member ?

AAPC: Back to School
    Hi Everyone! I am so glad to finally take the needed steps toward gaining my credentials as a Medical Coder. Although, I am not quite sure which certification would fit my experience level. I have coded for an Ambulance billing company for 2 1/2 years, so which exam should I prepare for the CPC or the CPC-H? I really look forward to your feedback!! Thanks so much

Default new member

what state are you from? If you live in Virginia? we have a chapter in Virginia Beach which is convienent and local and we offer many opportunites and discussion to help you along the way. If you would like to come to a chapter meeting email me at clatanya@yahoo.com and I will give you directions and when our next meeting will take place

LaTanya Cross, CPC, CCS-P

Default new member

I am from Alabama....any suggestions?

If you are going to remain in your current position and enjoy ASC coding I would definitely say CPC-H! After all, it is your specialty