22521 is for the lumbar area, if that is the area the Dr. is doing, that is correct for a lumbar percutaneous vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)...injecting polymethylmethacrylate under fluroscopic guindance.
Spinal fusion...is Arthrodesis, the code for lumbar arthrodesis is 22612 to fuse 2 lumbar vertebrall bones together....so depending on how many the Dr. is fusing you may need to add the additional CPT code 22525 as needed. You need to count the total number of total vertebrae involved and subtract (-) one.
You will also need to code any instrumention that is involved.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join