73520 - this can be reduced only when this is performed on ONE side with AP pelvis. So code 73500-LT AND 73500-RT. 52 (reduced service) will not alter the CPT description, but reduces the service.
In your case (one view of each hip), AP pelvis is omitted which is altering the CPT description. 73520 - INCLUDES AP pelvis. So, 52 modifier cannot alter/exclude AP pelvis, it can only reduce the CPT description to UNILATERAL procedure BUT WITH AP pelvis.
Hope this will give you a clear picture.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join