According to CSI
93971 should only be charged when one extremity is examined; when less than a full exam is performed (for example, a follow-up study); when ultrasound is performed without Doppler evaluation; or when the exam is performed for venous mapping.
93970 A complete bilateral study of the lower extremity veins includes examination of the common femoral, superficial femoral, proximal deep femoral, greater saphenous and popliteal veins. The calf veins may also be examined.
A complete bilateral study of the upper extremity veins include examination of the subclavian, jugular maxillary, brachail, basilic, and cephalic veins. The forearm veins may also be examined.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join