I really need help with figuring this one out. Since the AAOS states there are 3 regions of the shoulder (glenohumeral, AC and subacromial) and procedures done in one area don't influence coding in a different area, can you bill for debridement in say the gleohumeral joint when a bundled code was performed in the AC joint? Making the issue more confusing is that debridement was done in each region so can you bill for the debridement in the region that does not have a cci bundled code? In the message first posted, I showed how the surgery was coded. 29823 was in each area and there were bundling issues in 2 of them, but not the 3rd. Can I bill for 29823 for the 3rd area?
When coding shoulder procedures, I usually code each "region" as an individual procedure and then add modifier 59 when there is a cci edit with one of the other regions. Do any of you have a better way of coding the shoulder?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join