Our office received an EOB from Medicare stating that they were taking back money on a claim due to a RAC audit. They said that the documentation did not support the level of service. We have never been asked to submit any records for a RAC audit. This doesn't seem right to us and we are wondering if there is anyone out there that may have experienced this. We are under the impression that when a RAC audit is done, you are notified and asked to submit records. In this situation, it almost seems as if the audited off of the HCFA form. I would appreciate hearing back any thoughts on this.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join