If your doctor is giving you enough of a narrative in the HPI story from the patient you may be able to pull some of the ROS out from that.
If you are using an EMR perhaps you can create a macro that is a reminder that the ROS needs to be there.
Reminder the ROS can be collected by staff so if they are asking the questions and adding it, that can be counted as long as the doctor mentions he/she reviewed it.
If it is a new patient and you are in the habit of having the patient fill out a questionnaire that has the the questions like "are you or are you now having.....headaches, bleeding ulcers, blood in urine...etc?" This could be scanned into record and counted as the ROS too.
I hope the suggestions help....Janell
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join