Needing assistance on a referral/authorization issue:

Patient is being seen by a NPP for burn therapy in a hospital based, outpatient therapy department. Patient's commercial plan requires referrals and authorizations for this service. To bill for the outpatient therapy, the referral and authorization are required on the UB claim form.

Because facilities cannot bill for services provided by NPP's unless NPP is an employee of said facility, is it appropriate to obtain the referral and auth in the physician's name vs the NPP's name?
thanks for your feedback!!