I have been coding acute exacerbation of COPD to 491.21, as directed in the ICD manual. I have a biller that is in disagreement because the documentation we have doesn't state Obstructive Chronic Bronchitis as stated by code 491.2 in the ICD manual. I have tried to explain the interrelationship between brochitis, copd, and emphysema to no avail.
So please, any advice or I guess confirmation would be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join