The surgeon excised part of the duodenum then he cut off a tumor from it and a frozen section confirmed metastatic cancer. Can we code for the frozen section biopsy and if so what codes are used?
Next question: The surgeon does an excision of an anal canal lesion he applies acetic acid and then areas in the midline,anterior,anterolateral and posterior were biopsied and sent as labeled specimans ,again can we charge for this and if so what codes should I be looking at.
Thanks in advance for any help.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join