17000 is for the dectruction of a pre-malignant lesion.
17110 is more appropriate for a wart "destruction"...if that is what you mean by "removal"
you say you "keep getting this code"...are they marking it on a superbill or something? or using a cheat sheet.If someone else is doing the coding, figure out why they keep using the wrong code...may be the "cheat sheet" or whatever just says "17000 Destrustion of Lesion", so they don't know any better.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join