Its frustrating, I get that. Can I offer some advice? Don't focus only on "CPC" jobs. Many of us started off doing something else. Get your foot in the door and prove a valuable employee...then work yourself up that ladder. The experience you gain doing other jobs around a medical office will help you in the end.
I worked as a medical assistant, front office receptionist, billing secretary, billing manager...all before I even got certified. Once I actually started looking for a job as a "coder", my interviewers loved that I had that knowledge. And now, in a position where I audit and educate, it helps when I tell people "I've been there".
Don't give up!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join