Our office, which is located in Ohio, codes physician services for multiple states and recently we keep receiving conflicting information regarding the proper usage of Medicaid approved modifiers. We're being told that certain modifiers are not valid and the offices can't seem to supply us with documentation stating which modifiers are valid and which are not valid.
If there is anyone who codes for Medicaid services within the following listed states, can you please contact me with information on how to get an updated list of Medicaid Allowed/Approved Modifiers. Our employer needs documentation that either verifies or denies what we're being told.
We currently code for Medicaid services in the following states:
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My contact information is listed below.
MJ Griffith, CPC
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join