The correct way to bill Pre op--
2) plus any other medical dx's (hypertension, diabetes, etc)
CPT-1) 9924_(NO MODIFIER ON CONSULT CODE)
3)any other test needed for pre op per surgeon
ekg-I think you have a modifier on this
Make sure you have the surgeon name, speciality, npi, tax id, etc on claim and your claim will be paid correctly. Now don't forget the 3 R's.....
is usually taken care of by surgeon however you as the family practice doc can see the pt anytime after surgery and code it as (992--) as long as you are following up on pt for the other medical dx's....
Hope this helps....
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join