The medical record is insufficient to place it. The history before D&C and the validation for D&C is needed if the Physician documented
I Do NOT GET THE MEANING OF 'quants'. Did you mean quantitative going down
Anyway, from all the info I arrive at this:
The purpose of giving Methotroxate is to destroy(get it absorbed) the remnants of products of conception or as you say, there weren't products as outcome of the D&C, the Physician had every reason to suspect Ectopic and for the benifit of doubt, she gave a dilation and curettage; Metho for abolishing the conceptional tissues from the ectopic sites.Moreover, Metho is one of the treatment for unruptured ectopic as a noninvasive treatment too. Well, she would go for serial quantitative Beta HCG to follow up and watch for to rule out ectopic still and signs and symptoms abait.
The bottom line is it was a D & C for Incomplete Abortion with(? incomplete abortion?Ectopic- it not our entity to decide with) and the dilation and curettage is to be coded as an Obtetrical ( Incomplete Abortion), no matter what the pending results could/would be, so long as you have the positive beta HCG result. But please confirm with your doctor the diagnosis and the documentation.
If supported so, then you CAN GO AHEAD with as I said. .Your doctor report is the final determinant
Hope I am a bit helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join