It is my understanding that these new codes are for pandemic strains only. If they were available for last years H1N1 we would have used them. This year H1N1 is incluisive with the seasonal flu vaccine but that does not mean the seasonal flu needs to be labled as a pandemic vaccine. It still is a seasonal vaccine and we should still be using 90655-90660. We probably will not use 90664-90668 until the next pandemic is identified unless H1N1 is given as a monovalent and not as part of the seasonal vaccine.
Can anyone verify this???
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join