"CervicalFfibroid": intra mural( with the tissue), or on the surface either as submucous or as polypoidal/pedunculated, or sometimes it may be out of the cervical lateral wall into the broard ligament when it is known as broard ligament fibroid. The broard ligament fibroid, intramural are very cumbersome procedures and are real major procedures.
This polypoidal cervical fibroid in the endocervical canal pedunculated(4cms diameter?!), dilating the cervix also a cumbersome procedure and needs a great skill and risk to do vaginally; the pedunculation is the 'advantage'.
The appearance and the physician's diagnosis is (clinically) Myoma-the size contour and the cut section all would have favored for fibroid. It was not just a polyp to say it was polypectomy removal . (There is no polypectomy removal code by the way)
It was a pedunculated 4cms cervival Surface Myoma (at the canal side) Removal Vaginal approach . The code assignment is in favor of 58145
"The removal of uterine Myoma(Cervix is the lower part of the uterus) excision/removal from the surface; vaginal approach "- ECTOMY VAGINAL APPROACH- 58415 makes good validation, no matter how the technique was.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join