A podiatrist is limited to subsequent nursing facility visit codes (99307 - 99310) regardless of whether the patient is new or established to the podiatrist rendering the service. Only the admitting/attending M.D. can bill for the initial service. This is an excellent opportunity to work with your DPM on exam requirements for each level of service. Revenue is frequently lost due to the lack of knowledge in these codes. Please also keep in mind that these codes are only used in place of service 31 and 32. Not utilizing the proper place of service can impact revenue.
Lisa Brodner, R.N., CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join