What about 995.7 - Other adverse food reactions, not elsewhere classified? Since food allergy is really non specific, and doesn't state what kind of allergic reaction the patient had, or what kind of food it was from, I think this would be a more appropriate code. Under 995.7 it does state "use additional code to identify the type of reaction such as "hives" (708.0), or Wheezing (786.07). I could be wrong, so I'd wait for another opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join