If this is, word for word, what the scenario was, YOU are correct. The correct codes for this scenario are 850.11, E886.0. It clearly states, in the Tabular for E886.0, "tackles in sports". Also, I would consider being knocked down a "subsequent fall", nevermind the fact that the patient was unconscious for 20 minutes because it's unknown when the patient lost consciousness.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join