After looking at the current CPT 2010 book, I do not see these codes listed anymore. 97800/97801 must be discontinued codes. The current codes for Acupuncture are listed as 97810, 97811, 97813, and 97814. These are all time-based codes.
I'm not familiar with CA Work Comp, so maybe there's some special coding with this insurance...??? They should provide you with a list of codes on their fee schedule.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join