AAPC - Back to school

Thread: DME codes

Default DME codes

AAPC: Back to School
    I just discovered (because we don't bill them alot) that HCPCS codes L1825 and L3701 were deleted 1/1/10. On an article that I found, it says to use replacement code A4466..just wondering if this is correct? What is the reasoning behind it? and does it get paid?

Greeley, Colorado

I don't have the article, but yes A4466 is the new code for 2010 for just about any elastic supply. Medicare does not pay for these to my knowledge.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

I bill DME P&O; you are correct they are now to be coded A4466. L1825 & L3701 both become non-covered items 04/01/09 you can see the explanation here:

I think they just changed the all the hcpcs for ease in 2010 since they're all non-covered now. The list on non-covered hcpcs can be seen here:

Similar Threads

1. DME Repairs, Maintenance, and Replacement on DME codes
    By asexton in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 11:24 AM
  2. Billing DME when no codes exist
    By amc_medicalcoder@att.net in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 09:35 AM
  3. Billing DME when no codes exist
    By amc_medicalcoder@att.net in forum Medical Coding General Discussion