I just took my CPC-H in July and found out that I passed!!! My advice is as follows: Study the AAPC Study guide for the CPC-H test and buy all three on-line practice tests! This is what helped me. Also, be sure to tab you're books for easy reference and STUDY/KNOW you're guidelines in the front of the ICD-9! You can make notes in you're books. Eat a good breakfast! Do not study the day before the test...let you're brain rest.
One last piece of advice....(something I wish I had done)....start at the very end of the exam to do the long Operative Notes questions (1 pagers). I did not do this and my brain was fried by the end!!!
You can underline/highlight key terms in you're exam book which is VERY helpful when you are pressed for time!! I underlined all key terms and was able to answer the questions faster.
I finished with 30 min to spare...gave me time to go back to the questions I placed stars next to in order to double check my answers.
Hope all this help! Good Luck!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join