I had the same problem and I ended up using 49440.Please help with following. The only code I find is 49440 which is insertion of G-tube percutaneous and this was done as an open procedure.
Operation: Open G tube
Procedure: Patient placed insupine position with administration of general endotracheal anesthesia. Just under the xiphoid the midline abdomen was opened down throught the fascia and periueum. There was no evidence of abscess or puss in this region.
The stomach was noted to be above the rib cage. It was grasped with a Babcock and brought down and noted to easily reach the abdominal wall without significant tension. Two pursestrings of Vicryl were placed and entrance into the stomach was performed and passage of the suction into the stomach gastric contents was noted. A #28 French Malecot was secured throught this openeing, pursestrings were secured and it was irrigated with saline and returning gastric contents.
It was then through an incision in the abdominal wall was passed through the abdominal wall, secured with 3-0 Prolene and the gastrick serosa was secured to the peritoneum with four-quadrant silk stitches and the midline fascia was then closed with #1 Maxon, the skin was approximated with staples, sterile dressings were applied. The G-tube was placed to Foley gravity and the patient was extubated and brought to the Recovery Room in good condition.
Thank you in advance for any help with this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join