29877 is inclusive of 29880. 29880 is for Medial and Lateral compartments and any debridement in those compartments are not billed seperately.
Medicare has a unique code of G0289 (Arthroscopy, knee, surgical, for loose body or debridement at the time of other surgical knee scope in a different compartment). So you would only use this code if it was in the patella compartment.
The loose body also would need to be in that compartment too.
Melodie Alery, COSC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join