What types of things are you referring to as a "nurse visit". The only visits that can be billed for in a physician office setting are visits that are provider prescribed. The 99211 is a physician level encounter that is the level a provider may bill if a nurse or other ancillary person is the one with the patient carrying out a physician order from a previous encounter as long as the provider is onsite while the patient is being seen. In a physician office setting a Nurse cannot create their own encounter with a patient, it can only be followup to a physician order. You bill using the provider NPI and signature but that provider must be physicially on site while the patient is being seen.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join