11008 is part of it but did he replace the mesh or just remove it and left it? The 11008 is an add on code and can only be used with 10180,11004-11006. The hernia is going to be 49560-58 and 49568 if the Dr replaces the mesh, unless it's a lap procedure then it's 49564-58 which includes mesh insertion. More information is needed as far as what he did to the infected area (I+D etc) and whether its a lap or open prcd and if he replaced the mesh.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join