There is no breast exam only Medicare code. They will only pay for a routine breast exam once every 2 years when performed in conjunction with the pelvic exam. If the only reason for the visit is the breast exam I would use the appropriate E/M with the reason for the breast exam as the diagnosis. If the breast exam was "routine" then it will not be payable by Medicare, and there is no routine breast exam diagnosis, you could use V76.10 or V76.19 but I anticipate Medicare would deny this as a non covered benefit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join