11730 - Plain english description: All or part of a fingernail or toenail is removed. The area is numbed by a digital nerve block, and the physician separates the nail plate from the nail bed. Any bleeding is cauterized and the site is bandaged. Code 11730 if only one nail is removed. Code 11732 for each additional nail removal. Simple closure may be necessary. If reconstruction is necessary, it should be reported separately.
Nerve block would be included. This code crosses with ICD-9 703.0 - Ingrowing nail.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join