If the SAME group is seeing the newborn at BOTH hospitals, the only charge you could bill for the initial day is 99477 since you can only bill one E/M per GROUP per day.
If your MD is physically in the transport with the baby and the baby is critical then you may also bill the transport codes of 99466 and 99477 (however, if you are billing a 99477 then the baby would not be critical so those codes would not be correct and therefore could not be billed).
So from the example above, you could only bill the 99477.
I hope this helps, Michelle
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join