You need to check with your State licensing boards. Both the AMA and Osteopathic boards, actually. I'm sure the DO's might be covered to co-sign the notes but I'm not sure about the MDs. If he was using his chiropractor license, it would be no problem. Chiros use the PT/OT codes all the time. Not usually for the other docs.
I would also question the malpractice insurance. Will it cover him if he's performing these services under the MD and DO licenses?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join