units are designed to be use for services that come as a quantity distribution like timed codes and drugs. Surgical procedure and radiology do not come as quantities each nodule is separate and distinct so if you perform an aspirate of 3 nodules you indicate 3 distinct and separte procedure with a new line item and a 59 modifier. The same should be true for the guidance, but i do not have a book handy. It will depend on the code descriptor.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join