Mini Laparotomies -'MINILAP' is a 'suprapubic appraoch' of opening the abdomen. It is a safe time saving and an easier procedure than the conventional abdominal approach.
It is mainly used for gynecological surgeries and it had its great time in 1960s - 2000 and dearly called as female tubal sterilization Minilaparotomy because it was prevalent procedure for camp female sterilization with great potentials in developing countries.
To mention some more are : Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Ultra-Minilaparotomy Myomectomy, myomectomy, ovarian surgeries, â€˜Tubal Reversal Blog â€˜mini laparotomyâ€™
IVF vs. Tubal Ligation Reversal Mini laparotomyâ€™, and so on.
But I am yet to trace its place IN OUR CPT Manual except in codes like 58615 as "Surapubic Appraoch".
If someone familiar with its place in recent editions of CPT Manual, kindly let us know.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join