If have never billed M0064 - what cirumstances are you reporting this? In my opinion, I would bill separately. Especially, because 90804 is time based. Since a psychologist cannot report 90862, the psychiatrist should (if documentation supports it). There should be two separate reports, to report two separate visits & codes.
Since we are talking about Psych codes. According to the LCD for the state of Wisconsin, there should be a mental status exam documented in the patient's note in order to report 90801 & 90862. What bullets in the '97 single system psych exam component are you looking for during a chart review?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join