This code confuses me. I'm getting all types of mixed answers regarding the units. Our most recent Medicare ACT provided this answer...Of course, this stirred up even more confusion..
NC/ ID Ask-the-Contractor Teleconference (ACT)
June 24, 2010
Q: What is the maximum number of units billable for HCPCS code G0431, qualitative drug screen test?
A: This code is subject to a Medically Unlikely Edit (MUE). This code is intended for use with the dipstick test which has 8-10 qualitative findings on it. It is essentially one test, thus one unit of service, regardless of the number of drugs it is testing.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join