Ok, say the treatment plan/regimen is for 6 cycles every other day. The first day of cycle 1 would be coded as the initiation of the pump 96416. Every time the patient comes back for the refill of the 5FU of the pump you would bill 96521 Refill of portable pump. Once the patient finishes the 6th cycle that treatment plan/regimen is complete. If the physician decides that more treatments is needed and has another plan/regimen then you would bill 96416 for the first day of the cycle and 96521 for the remainding days the pump is being used.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join