A placenta is not an integral part of a hysterectomy. You have a diagnosis for both in the report so you can unbundle the placenta. I'm assuming they were both documented grossly and microscopically. 88307 x 2 is appropriate.
I don't know if you're going to assign separate dx codes but I would use leiomyoma for the uterus and placenta accretia for the placenta. I don't have the code book handy, but they're pretty straightforward.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join