Hi all,

Does anyone know whether this is billable as a consultation? Dr. A is a physiatrist with subspecialty in pain management billing under tax ID number 1234. Dr. B is a physiatrist with no subspecialty, in the same medical group, but billing under tax ID number 6789. When Dr. B asks Dr. A to consult on a non-Medicare patient, is it ok to bill a consultation since the 2 physicians have different TINs? When the patient has Medicare is that a new patient to Dr. A because of the different TINs? Thanks for any info.