A redetermination is the first level of appeal. A provider may request a redetermination when they are dissatisfied with the overpayment decision. A redetermination must be submitted within 30 days to prevent offset on day 41. You will always contact the contractor/MAC for this option. The timeframe is between day 1 and 120 upon receipt of the demand letter. It must be submitted within 120 days of receipt of demand letter. To prevent offset on day 41 the Redetermination must be filed within 30 days. The timeframe ends on day 120.
Below is the link to the RAC website. MLN The Medicare Appeals Process Brochure explains the process in greater detail (found towards the bottom of the page)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join