76811 US for pregnant uterus- fetal maternal evaluation plus detailed fetal anatomical evaluation- meant for the evaluation of all fetuses - Normal and abnormal anatomy of the fetus. what specific anomaly you want to code from ICD -9. The fetal anomaly codes are from 710-759 ;
not from 653x, which are for the disproportion(materno pelvic, or feto-pelvic Disproprtion which could obstruct the labor) between the mother and the fetus - (ie) between the maternal cause (like pelvis/soft parts/ presenting lie in the uterus) and the fetal cause(like big fetus-fetal macrosomia, hydrocephalus,hydrops fetalis, conjoined twins, tumors in the back of the fetus, myelocele etc), which can cause obstruction to labor and morbidity and mortality- meaning, those causes complicating the labor or delivery ; and better to be detected during pregnancy as early as 2nd trimester say from 14weeks onwards ( to be aware of so that treatment for mother and in utero fetus and the delivery modalities can be planned.)
Is it the one you are trying to figure out?
Please see the documented report of the US and if any fetal anomaly detected in that 76811, try to correlate that anomaly and pick it up from the 710-759 series.
Hope I make it clear to some extent!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join