I could not find any bundled code for these procedures together nor as a component diagnostic.
There are about 2681 gyn procedures for benign conditions in which the ureters are at risk of injury.
So it is justifiable in many procedures as a medical necessity and it is upto the physician 's decision at the time of surgery or even as a planned combined procedure.
As it is, I feel that it should be coded separately with a modifier.
I wish we get an expert openion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join