AAPC - Back to school
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: one year work experience, so no one will hire me

AAPC: Back to School
    I am in the process of finishing a billing and coding college certificate program. It includes a billing internship and a coding internship. I work slightly shorter hours than most so am hoping to gain some experience by looking for a non paying internship in coding or billing. Does anyone know what the consensus may be on that?

Quote Originally Posted by GHF View Post
    We hire coders!!!

Rapidly growing Medical Billing & Practice Management Company located in Tempe, Arizona seeks experienced professionals to join the billing, coding, & A/R management team. We ONLY employ certified coders for all charge entry so new applicants will have the opportunity to work right alongside other professional coders and have an opportunity to share/gain valuable knowledge and experience. Department Director is also a CPC! Perfect opportunity for a CPC-A to learn and grow but seasoned coders also have a great opportunity for upward mobility with supervisory, auditing, and management positions as well.

Competitive compensation package offered for desirable candidates. Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for full-time employees in addition to PTO, holiday pay, and fringe benefits.

Full-time Compensation Range: $12-$18/hour + 2 weeks PTO + Benefits

Email Resume to Careers@GoodHealthFinancial.Com

Hi GHF,

This sounds like an awesome opportunity and would love to take the opportunity; however, I'm in LA. I became certified last year in November and have not found a thing. All employers require experience but how do we gain the experience if no one is willing to give us the opportunity. Would you happen to know another billing company out in my area that is offering the same opportunity? Please advise at your earliest convenience.

I started working for a billing company in the data entry department. I took an anatomy and a coding/billing class and then was able to move into the coding department. About half of the people in coding came from other departments. I am glad that I started where I did and transferred because there are things that I knew from data entry that were helpful in coding. I know I am fortunate to have done it that way and I am grateful that it has worked out.

I know a couple of people that are taking coding/billing classes and I try to be encouraging but realistic. I tell them that there are many opportunities but that they might not be doing what they want right away. It does seem that some schools make it look like there are tons of jobs but honestly they're just trying to get your money.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234