AAPC - Back to school

Thread: HELP! CPC in need of a job

Smile HELP! CPC in need of a job

AAPC: Back to School
    I have had the CPC credential since October 2006, with no success in finding a job. Every opening requires a 2 year college level coding course. I took an accelerated PMCC course approved by the AAPC given by a clinic where I was employed. I took the CPC exam 3 months later and passed the first time. My experience is assuring cpt and icd-9 codes correspond for medical necessity prior to scheduling exams for 12 years. This is not considered prior coding experience to any position I apply for, but it was accepted by the AAPC and I was given CPC instead of CPC-A. Any suggestions ? Any help ?

Where do you live?
    LMJohnson, CPC

Default Can you travel?

It sounds like you have a lot of experience, do you have the desire to travel? I am a consultant and work full time, I travel and love it. Certified since 2001 but 13 years in the business. There is some high demand for traveling coders and some demand for remote.

Default Reply To Can You Travel

I would like to find out more regarding the travel opportunity. How long
    is the travel? I'm in San Antonio. How can I contact the hiring office?

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 09:22 PM
  2. CPC-A, CPC-H-A seeking job in northern IL or southern WI.
    By SamRobert2012 in forum Resume Postings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
  3. cpc-cpc-h cpc-p looking for full time job
    By eeccleston in forum Employment General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 06:50 AM